Some better Laurel pix

I was so impatient to share my finished object that I posted a picture that didn’t really show its true beauty. Here are a couple of better ones.

As you can see here, the cables have pretty good definition. When I first blocked the hat, I blocked it too tightly and it flattened out the cables. I had to scrunch it back together a  bit before it got completely dry so that the cables would pop.

hat1

I made the hat a bit larger than the original, because I like my tams to drape a bit in the back. Because my gauge was a little off, I ended up having to thread some elastic through the ribbing to make the band fit snugly.

hat2

Next, I’m going to knit a pair of mittens to go with these. The plan is to use another of Jared Flood’s patterns, the Green Autumn mittens from last fall’s Vogue Knitting. Stay tuned!

Advertisements

2 Responses to “Some better Laurel pix”

  1. So cute! I’m in awe of anyone who can make something like that without ending up drunk and covered in their own yarn. (Not like that’s happened to me, ever…)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: